We are looking for submissions that are carefully crafted with the reader in mind.
Excellent grammar and attention to details are important. The ideal length is 300-700 words, and we pay $25 for submissions that we publish in the magazine (see terms below). Additionally, pieces that do not fit into the magazine but are still relevant may be published on our blog — however, these are not paid.
NOTE: We are NOT seeking first-person “survivor story” submissions.
- I understand that my article becomes the property of the Brain Health Magazine and Faces of TBI, LLC and will be copyrighted as such, and may be used in any way they see fit.
- I attest that the articles I submit have not been published elsewhere and are original content created specifically for the Brain Health Magazine.
- I agree that I will not publish my submitted articles elsewhere, other than on my own personal blog with a link back to the magazine.
- I understand I will not be paid for any article unless it is published, and that submission of my article does not automatically mean it will be published.
- I understand that my articles may be edited for length, grammar, clarity, and voice.
- I hereby hold harmless and release forever discharge the Brain Health Magazine and Faces of TBI, LLC from all claims, demands, and causes of action which I, my heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on my behalf or on behalf of my estate have or may have reason of this authorization.
- I hereby irrevocably authorize the Brain Health Magazine and Faces of TBI, LLC markets to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, or distribute for purposes of publicizing the Brain Health Magazine programs or any other related, lawful purposes. In addition, I waive the right to inspect or approve the finished products, unless otherwise previously agreed upon., including written or electronic copy wherein my likeness, appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of my photo/image/editorial/art.
all items will be submitted via Google Forms (link below)
- Headshot (300 dpi, jpg or pdf format)
- Brief bio
- Website + social media handles (as you would like listed)
- Signed electronic agreement (via google forms)
- Images to accompany copy (8.5 x 11”, 300 dpi, jpg or pdf format) – name and email of the photographer (if not you)- 300 dpi is required for print