By Amy Zellmer, Editor-in-chief
A complementary tool that can help you achieve a healthy lifestyle, essential oils are easy to use and smell great, with a variety of uses.
All oils are not created equal. I personally only trust the Young Living brand because I know they maintain complete control over their product from seed to seal. Oils sold at health food stores can be misleading. They are not regulated by the FDA, so you must look closely at the labels. The labels may say they are 100% therapeutic-grade oils when they are not. If the ingredients list anything other than the plants, or if the label has statements like “For external use only,” “For aromatic use only,” and/or “Dilute properly,” the oil inside that bottle may have been cut with other oils, synthetics, or chemicals.
Joy Essential Oil Blend
Joy™ essential oil blend features an exotic combination of floral and citrus essential oils, including Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Jasmine, Palmarosa, Rose, Bergamot, Lemon, and Tangerine, to enhance the frequency of self-love and bring joy to your heart.
To create Joy’s unique and lovely scent, oils such as Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Geranium, and Rose combine to make the perfect floral and citrusy aroma. Many of these oils hold a rich history: Bergamot is rumored to have been taken to Italy by way of the Canary Islands by Christopher Columbus. Rose has been praised for its fragrance and other qualities since ancient Greek and Roman times. With such powerful oils, it’s no surprise Joy remains a member favorite.
- Bergamot: Has a calming aroma
- Geranium: Helps release negative emotions
- Rose: Creates a sense of balance and elevates the mind
- Ylang Ylang: Inspires a romantic aromatic atmosphere
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Inspires romance with its pampering, spa-like aroma
- Creates a joyful and happy aromatic experience when applied to wrists or heart
- Can be worn as a perfume or cologne
- Apply Joy to your wrists and the back of your neck before going out for a fresh and natural floral perfume.
- Diffuse Joy to fill your space with its uplifting, joyful aroma.
- Place 2–3 drops on a damp cloth and throw it in the dryer to help freshen your laundry.
- Put a few drops in a warm bath for a spa-like experience and to feel feminine.
- Diffuse 8–20 drops to create an atmosphere of happiness throughout your home.
Topical: Apply 2–4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.