By Amy Zellmer, Editor-in-chief
Essential oils are a complementary tool that can help you achieve a healthy lifestyle. They are easy to use and smell great with a variety of uses.
All oils are not created equal. Young Living is the only brand I personally trust because I know they have complete control over their product from seed to seal. Oils sold at health food stores can be misleading. They are not regulated by the FDA, so you must look closely at the labels. The labels may say they are 100% therapeutic-grade oils when they are not. If the ingredients list anything other than the plants, or if the label has statements like “For external use only,” “For aromatic use only,” and/or “Dilute properly,” the oil inside that bottle may have been cut with other oils, synthetics, or chemicals.
Lemon and Lemon Vitality®
Originally native to Asia, the lemon tree wasn’t common in Europe until the 16th century. It is part of the evergreen family and reaches a height of about 20 feet. Known for its cleansing properties, lemon essential oil is widely used in skin care and home cleaning solutions for these benefits. Its fresh, zesty aroma also makes it an important top note in perfumes, as well as an effective odor neutralizer when diffused.
Lemon essential oil’s fresh, uplifting aroma cleanses the air and eliminates odors when used aromatically. Taken internally, it provides immune and circulatory support, and can be used to add a fresh flavor to food and beverages.*
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Fresh, zesty, citrus aroma
- Helps neutralize unwanted odors
- Supports the immune system
- Provides circulatory support
- Removes sticky adhesives and residues from non-porous surfaces
- May support the immune system when taken internally*
- Contains antioxidants*
- Diffuse Lemon to neutralize unwanted odors and fill your space with its uplifting and refreshing aroma.
- Add it to your floor, window, or multi-surface cleaning solutions for a boost of aroma and cleaning power.
- Add it to dishwashing detergent to help clean and deodorize your dishwasher.
- Add Lemon Vitality to a tall glass of cold water for a fresh, antioxidant-infused drink to start your day.*
- Use it to create custom vinaigrettes or marinades to add a bright taste to salads or grilled meat and vegetables.
- Add it to tea, baked goods, homemade preserves, and other treats.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.