By Amy Zellmer, Editor-in-chief
Essential oils are a complementary tool that can help you achieve a healthy lifestyle. They are easy to use, smell great, and have a variety of uses.
All oils are not created equal. I personally only trust the Young Living brand because I know they have complete control over their product from seed to seal. Oils sold at health food stores can be misleading. They are not regulated by the FDA, so you must look closely at the labels. The labels may say they are 100% therapeutic-grade oils when they are not. If the ingredients list anything other than the plants, or if the label has statements like “For external use only,” “For aromatic use only,” and/or “Dilute properly,” the oil inside that bottle may have been cut with other oils, synthetics, or chemicals.
Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil contains eucalyptol, which provides a refreshing breathing experience with a camphoraceous aroma that refreshes any stuffy environment.
Like most species of eucalyptus, Eucalyptus radiata is native to Australia. A large, flowering evergreen tree in the myrtle family, Eucalyptus grows to the height of over 300 feet, making it one of the world’s tallest trees. Eucalyptus radiata produces fragrant leaves, and used to be known as a fever tree – now, it’s known informally as narrow-leaved peppermint. With more than 700 varieties of eucalyptus, over 500 produce an essential oil. Many of them produce the same actions of Tea Tree and Myrtle essential oils, like all members of the myrtaceae family.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Bold, invigorating aroma
- Creates a refreshing breathing experience when inhaled
- Promotes a peaceful environment at bedtime
- Stimulating, soothing effect when applied to head, neck, and chest
- Turn your shower into a spa by putting 5–10 drops of Eucalyptus Radiata on a warm, damp washcloth and placing it in the shower, just out of direct contact with the water before showering.
- Add 2–3 drops to any carrier oil and massage it into your feet or muscles after activity for a rejuvenating experience.
- Diffuse Eucalyptus Radiata in your home or work space for a clean, energizing aroma.
- Create a DIY room-refreshing spray with Eucalyptus Radiata to combat stale odors.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.