By Amy Zellmer, Editor-in-chief
Essential oils are a complementary tool that can help you achieve a healthy lifestyle. They are easy to use, smell great, and have a variety of uses.
All oils are not created equal. Young Living is the only brand I personally trust because I know they have complete control over their product from seed to seal. Oils sold at health food stores can be misleading. They are not regulated by the FDA, so you must look closely at the labels. The labels may say they are 100% therapeutic-grade oils when they are not. If the ingredients list anything other than the plants, or if the label has statements like “For external use only,” “For aromatic use only,” and/or “Dilute properly,” the oil inside that bottle may have been cut with other oils, synthetics, or chemicals.
One of the original blends formulated by Young Living founder D. Gary Young, Valor remains a longstanding member favorite. The blend features carefully selected essential oils, each with unique aromatic and topical benefits: frankincense for its uplifting, earthy aroma and skin-smoothing properties; black spruce for its grounded, woodsy aroma; blue tansy for its inspiring aromatic profile; geranium for its sweet, floral aroma; and camphor wood for its skin-benefiting properties and strong, herbaceous scent.
Young formulated Valor® essential oil based on historical writings about Roman soldiers, who supposedly applied plant extracts and botanicals to instill feelings of courage and confidence before going into battle.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- May enhance the appearance of healthy-looking skin
- Enhances massage for a rejuvenating experience
- Features a positive aroma to inspire confidence and courage in a foundational daily blend
- Provides a key component of the Raindrop Technique (a combination of reflexology, aromatherapy, massage techniques, and essential oils)
- Creates a grounded environment for yoga and meditation
- Apply Valor to the bottoms of your feet and/or the back of your neck to unwind before bed.
- Apply Valor to the back of your neck for an aroma that inspires feelings of confidence.
- Refresh throughout the day by inhaling the scent of Valor directly, or massage it onto your neck, chest, or hands and wrists.
- Apply Valor to your wrists and hold them together to feel the consistency of your chi.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.