by Amy Zellmer, Editor-in-chief
What You Need:
- 7 oz. (300g) chicken breast
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- scant ½ cup (100g) rice
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ⅜ cup (100g) sweetcorn, drained
- ½ cup (100g) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 tomato, peeled, chopped
- 1 avocado, stone removed, flesh diced
- 1 tbsp. lime
- ½ chili pepper, chopped
- handful coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ chili flakes
Chop the chicken into cubes. Season with salt, pepper, spices and crushed garlic.
Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packaging, drain, and transfer onto a plate to cool.
Heat the oil in the pan over medium-high heat, and fry the chicken for about 3-4 minutes. Add in the chopped onion and diced peppers and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Next, add the drained sweetcorn, beans, and the cooked rice. Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat, add the peeled and diced tomato, then mix.
To serve, divide the rice between plates, top with avocado, drizzle with lime juice, and sprinkle with chopped chili and coriander.
– To easily peel the tomato, pour boiling water over it for about 1 min. The skin will then easily come off.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25-30 mins
Nutrition per serving:
- 360 kcal
- 16g Fats
- 32g Carbs
- 24g Protein